Thursday, October 2, 2014

Small Post 2 - Family History and the Internet

On my mission, I encountered several members who were interested in family history, and one preparation day, the missionaries I was living with and I went to a sister's home to learn more about how to find our genealogy. When I got home, I began to bug my mom about her side of the family, because I didn't know as much about them than I did my dad's side. I was able to collect information for my grandfather and take his name through the temple. I feel much closer to my grandfather now, and with the advance of technology, it is easier for me to learn about my deceased relatives. I'm grateful for the advances in technology that made this possible.

1 comment:

  1. One of the positive effects of technology is the globalization of information. Data that was once limited to select few physical locations are now available to a much larger audience. This can have its downsides - but we decide how we will use this great power!

    ReplyDelete