Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Smallish Post 5

Before I was a web developer, I was a quality assurance analyst. I would spend my day going through web apps, lazily clicking buttons and dragging images in an attempt to break a specified function. When I found an error, I'd tell the developers, and later they would come to me asking how to reproduce the bug. Now, I do the same to my team's QA. Though her documentation is much better than mine was, many of the details on how to reproduce the bug are unclear. This is probably due to her inexperience with the tools she could use to describe the bug better. I've learned that when testing, it is important to record details well so that issues can be fixed quickly.

1 comment:

  1. I worked on a new tool during my time at FamilySearch over the summer and saw that same problem. I think it's also important for testers to work closely with developers so they know exactly what to expect from their software.

    ReplyDelete